I come to this profession out of a passion for working with people and helping to create more balanced lives. For 20+ years I worked as a teacher and educational researcher, spending countless hours in classrooms. I listened to students, teachers and parents wish for something better in our learning environments and in our home environments.
I decided to pursue counseling to focus on the issues I find compelling: How to build better relationships with partners, parents, children, friends, bosses and colleagues. I know first hand how difficult it is to pursue a change and create a new path. I am also a wife and mother and know how challenging and rewarding it can be to maintain a solid marriage, parent children through all of their developmental milestones, and find time for myself to pursue a satisfying career. With compassion, I hope to guide you through the struggles you are encountering or the changes you’d like to make.
Education and Training
- Bay Area Psychotherapy Training Institute
- MA in Counseling, JFK University, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Ph.D. in Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- AEDP Accelerated Experiential-Dynamic Psychotherapy Level 2 (Immersion Course, Core Training, and Consultation Group)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Externship
- Gottman Couples Therapy
- Stanley Middle School Counseling Intern, Lafayette, CA
- JFK Community Counseling Center, Pleasant Hill, CA
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist MFC 48176